Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Goings Getting Awful Weird

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson

It may seem strange to go pro when you have not really mastered the craft in which you currently retain amateur status. At this point in the arc of my life as a blogger turning pro would be akin to an amateur boxer turning pro after a few unsuccessful fights. Maybe he believes that he has the potential and that by quitting his job and finally making boxing his profession, instead of a hobby, he will finally meet this potential. I am not by any means saying that I would quit my job if I had one to blog for a living, but I would like to blog for a living someday and there is no better time than the present.

Some have said that Google should have kept Chrome in beta for the foreseeable future while it worked out some of the bugs. Those same people probably think getting married to someone you barely know in Las Vegas is a mistake. What if Joe Namath said he hoped he would win, but that realistically he probably wouldn't since he was in the AFL and not the vastly superior NFL? We'd all be speaking Canadian if we had a negative defeatist attitude like that. So without further ado and with little urging from anyone and really no reason other than my own possibly misguided self confidence I am extremely excited to remove the beta tag on my blogging career and officially turn pro.

It is my great pleasure to introduce to you the all new http://www.dickness.com/

My plan is to continue to do this blog, but the new blog will be my primary focus. As you can tell by the title it will be bigger, bolder and more obnoxious than the current one. I don't plan to have it contain graphic nudity and strong sexual content as the name may suggest, but at the very least I am practically contractually obligated by the name of the blog to make jokes referencing my last name. (I will have to read the fine print to see if I am indeed obligated by contract. I will let you know.)

Be the first one on your block to visit http://www.dickness.com/ and spread the dickness to everyone you know. I will apologize once and once only once to any relatives or friends who may read my blog and be shocked or offended by it. It is meant in good fun and it is only going to work the way I plan if I am opinionated and unapologetic so I am sorry if you are offended.

No comments: