Sunday, November 23, 2008

John Daly Update


Not too long ago I posted a story about professional golfer John Daly. You can find it in my archives listed on the left side of the page, but I will post the link to it anyway. http://bloggeroflamancha.blogspot.com/2008/11/due-to-my-recent-interest-in-nascar-and.html

If you haven't read the old posting I suggest to read it first. John Daly is if nothing else a fascinating character. There are very few celebrities or athletes with whom there seems to be nothing they could do to surprise us anymore. There are probably many other examples, but off the top of my head I will say Mike Tyson, Britney Spears and John Daly fit that description better than anyone. ESPN's Sportsguy Bill Simmons has written many stories about Mike Tyson along such lines so I won't bother with that. Britney Spears has done so many crazy things over the last few years that the only thing she could do that would surprise anyone would be to appear in the news for positive reasons. I don't listen to her music so I will have to take other people's word for it, but apparently she has made a comeback recently. From the pictures I have seen of her she looks pretty good too. I can say that is probably the most surprising thing of all. I did a google image search to try to find a picture of her to post with this story and there are some truly frightening pictures of her. In case I haven't mentioned this before I am willing to take down anything that is not owned by me. It seems that most blogs use pictures from the web without permission, but if anyone knows more about the rules of such things I am interested to hear them. Now to the point of this link a positive story about John Daly that reminds of the original reason he became famous. He is an extremely talented golfer. Not to say all of his problems are magically solved, but let's hope he is on his way. http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3720693

2 comments:

Ryan Kemp said...

I really just wish Gary Busey would start doing drugs again. And despite whatever crushing, party-spoiling assassinations i may have made about reality TV in the aforementioned comments section, "Celebrity Rehab", as per related by one unnamed friend, is a foray into the dank and sordid (and often very entertaining) realms of for-real-life programming and something which I endorse, wholeheartedly (if not somewhat guiltily). I also dig most Busey movies, as well.

Blogger of La Mancha said...

Gary Busey is on that show? I might have to consider watching it. It can't be funnier than his appearance on the Magic Hour (Magic Johnson's short lived but hilariously unintentionally comedic talk show) Busey showed up dressed as Buddy Holly and sang one of Buddy Holly's songs. This was probably 10 or 15 years after the Buddy Holly Movie he starred in. It would have been like Val Kilmer going on Jimmy Kimmel now dressed up in full Jim Morrison mode singing a Doors song.

Possibly funnier than that is the clip where he tells a reporter he is going to rip out his endocrine system. This is the sort of thing you get to see on the Soup on E. I started watching that this past year or so. I don't watch reality shows, but they are easy fodder for ridicule and they do a good job of it on that show.