I understand the title of this post appears at first glance to be some sort of typo or a sign that I may be the worst speller to ever have his own blog. Let me assure that it was not a typo and I am in fact an exceptional speller. I had initially planned to make the topic of this post about my New Year's resolution to stop making idiotic decisions. After thinking about it for awhile I changed it to wwaid a minute. I know that seems to be an idiotic decision which shows that I have not stopped making such bad decisions, but of course it is not New Years yet and I think it is actually a better title.
WWJD? That stands for what would Jesus do. I don't think many people who ask this question really do something that appears to be in sync with what I know of Jesus, but I am not writing this to tell people how to practice their religious faith. I mean seriously I am probably not the person you would go to for religious counsel. If you are religious you should probably go to a priest or some other person who is religious. Whether you are religious or not I think it is entirely to much to expect of yourself to emulate the son of god. I think you would probably be better off finding a more realistic role model with whom to compare yourself. So rather than trying to think of what someone you idolize would do under similar circumstances I think it would be more helpful to think of someone whose behavior you would not want to follow. I don't have any particular person in mind so instead I will say instead of asking yourself what Jesus would do ask yourself what would an idiot do or wwaid a minute. Before you say that now you finally understand how I have come to make some of the decisions I have made, realize that I meant ask yourself the question and if you decide that said decision is one that an idiot would have made then you don't do it. Also I just thought of this today in order to make sure I avoid making bad decisions going forward.
Maybe it doesn't apply in every decision you make, but there are certainly instances where I believe it will help me. Let's take say for example you are about to make an extremely impulsive decision and are doing so without really thinking it through. Just say to yourself wwaid a minute and just take a minute or maybe a few minutes to consider if you are doing something that an idiot would do. I don't want to brag about my intelligence level, but I think most of you would at least say I am not an idiot. Despite not being an idiot I make decisions that sometimes have me scratching my head afterward. Now maybe you are saying to yourself what if I am an idiot how do I know if I am making a decision that an idiot would make? Well let me just say first that was a hypothetical question and was not intended to be directed at anyone currently reading this blog as everyone I know who reads this blog is certainly not an idiot. I mean they obviously have good taste. I do hold out hope that in the future this will be an extremely popular blog and that maybe there will be an idiot or two who is reading the old postings. So what I would suggest for you if you think you might actually be an idiot is to consider what one of your more rational or smarter friends might say if you told them what you had done. Let's say you were you planning on running the Boston Marathon, but you had decided to make it more interesting you were going to get drunk before the race. Now maybe this seems like a clever idea to you, but what would this friend of yours whose advice you respect say to you. Maybe he or she wouldn't ask you if you were an idiot but it would most likely be something similar.
Well as usual it was a great pleasure to post this for all of my wonderful readers. Yes I realize that it will likely be read by a maximum of five people, but I like to consider the quality of the reader rather than the quantity. I would like to continue as I feel there is much more to be said on this topic, but now I must go. I am going to go take a bath. I also have a craving for toast so I am going to bring the toaster in the bathroom and set it up on the ledge of the tub. That is what is called multitasking my friends. Yeah I know that is pretty smart. Wwaid a minute...
Hypocrisy in the U.S.A.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment