I haven't posted anything in a few days. Usually if I did not have anything I felt was worth posting I would not post at all, but in this case I will make an exception. I am new to the blogging game and therefore I am still trying to figure out ways to make this blog better. It is difficult to get new readers. I struggle trying to get friends and family to sign up to follow the blog at this point. Some have suggested trying to get someone from a more popular blog to give me a shout out, but I really would like to improve the blog a great deal before trying to attract a larger number of viewers. What good would it do if I got hundreds of people to view my blog if it wasn't entertaining enough to entice them to come back again. So far I am resisting sharpening the focus of the blog to only one or even just a few topics. I think it would bore me to just write about sports or politics or something else exclusively and if it bores me it is not likely to excite many readers. I will probably try to incorporate more pictures, links and videos in the future, but I really don't want to be one of those sites that just posts a bunch of you tube videos. Here is a link to a funny one though
or this one which is a re-imagining of the initial one
It is funnier if you know who Joe Scarborough is but either way it worth a few minutes of your time. For those who don't know he is a Conservative Republican who used to be a congressman, but now hosts a show called Morning Joe on MSNBC. The second video is funny, but also creepy as noted by one of the comments underneath the video when the video's creator plays the part of Joe in the video she looks like Clay Aiken's doppelganger.
In other news a friend of mine sent me a link to a British blog that he thought I might like. I read the first few postings and was mildly interested at best until I came upon one of his posts that recommended a reality television show that just showed footage of people trying to go through the self-checkout line in the grocery store. I think it is a great idea. At first it seems like a funny idea that would not work in reality, but the more I thought about it the more I thought this would be one of the better shows on television. Of course if it was pitched to one of the major television stations in the United States they would end up changing the idea to be about all of the employees in the supermarket. They would then hire models to work at the supermarket. They would of course write scripts for them and create drama like they do on that show that the Hills which has inexplicably attracting the attention of a large segment of the American population. I was going to say it had attracted the imagination of the American public, but clearly there is nothing imaginative about that show. Seriously though just stick cameras and microphones in the self-checkout aisle. No need to create any unnecessary subplots or to try to create drama other than to just record the natural drama that occurs at supermarket self-checkout aisles all over the world. I hate reality television for the most part, but I think this idea deserves a shot at becoming reality. Here is a link to the blog mentioned above if you are interested in reading more about his idea. I haven't had a chance to read too much more of his stuff, but that article alone made put it in my bookmarks. http://rhodri.livejournal.com/
As always feel free to post a comment. It could be a suggestion as to how to make my blog better or about anything else that you want to say. I really do appreciate any feedback and I am open to suggestions no matter how strange they may be. I don't know if you have read some of the comments. One of them was from my friend Ryan who suggested that I should start smoking again. He is a friend and a fellow blogger who also happens to be the one who introduced me to blogger. Maybe his suggestion will make more sense after you read his post that discusses his recent re-entry into the wonderful world of smoking. I think it is probably analogous to someone deciding to switch to a gas heater after years of using electric heat, not in the sense that it is worse for your lungs but that electric heat is much cheaper. I assume he meant it in to be in jest so I will stop making fun of him and will provide a link to his blog. Of course he is one of the 4 official followers of the blog so it will not likely be more than a symbolic show of support for his blog. http://belletristica.blogspot.com/
Hypocrisy in the U.S.A.
11 years ago

2 comments:
I think you should blog about something embarrassing, or about something you wouldn't want anyone to know about. Last Saturday I urged my housemate, L. Treldog, to go out on the town instead of hanging out on the couch and start something called "adventure blog" (an address already snaked by some particularly "adventurous" people, hanging from cliffs and whatnot), recording whatever happened that night, bc it would be better than whatever she watched on TV, potentially. So maybe you should steal my suggestion, wasted on el Treldog, and hit up the town. Sit in the sketchiest bar you know of, or stay up all night walking around. Who knows what will happen? The whole idea is that something will. That's what i think.
True it can be tough to find inspiration so it would be easier if I had an interesting adventure of some kind. I think it is probably not worth it if I have to wait 3 weeks or so to recover from a stabbing at a sketchy bar though. I would have drank Jack Daniels in the park with the homeless, but that idea was already taken. The idea behind the name of the blog was my adventure into the field of blogging so I named it after the ridiculous adventures of Don Quixote (aka the man of la mancha). He had a higher opinion of himself as a knights-errant than was actually the case so that is another possible parallel.
Post a Comment