Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Google Reader Will Change Your Life It Changed Mine

I used to be a sad lonely shell of a man until i discovered Google Reader. Now my Google Reader inbox is constantly filled with interesting articles, blogs, videos, recipes and all sorts of other things. I don't have to spend hours refreshing the page on my favorite sites I just click the feed button on the site and it sends me to a page asking which web-based feed reader I want to use. I use Google Reader as it has a similar feel and ease of use to gmail which I also use. There are many other feed aggregators as well, but I am not familiar with them so I cannot recommend one. Some other readers include MyYahoo, MyAOL, Bloglines, etc. If you click Google it will ask you if you want to use Google Homepage or Reader. I select Reader and just like that the content of the site or blog is automatically in your Reader inbox. Even my blog has a feed so if you click the box on the left that says subscribe in a reader and you can add my feed to your Google Reader or whatever other program you use. https://www.google.com/reader/ Try it changed my life and it can happen to you too. I suggest everyone give it a try if they are not using another reader. Also if you sign up to view my feed you will get an update every time I post something. Maybe you think that is not a good thing, but eventually you will learn to love it.

There are many ways to accomplish this other than using Google Reader. There are live bookmark feeds in Firefox. I know when you click on the subscribe in a reader button on my blog you can even sign up to receive posts in your regular email. Wow that sounds too good to be true how much does this cost a hundred dollars? No you get all of this for free. I look at it the same way I do a d.v.r. Some people tell me they don't need a d.v.r. because they don't watch a lot of t.v. well in that case you need it more because then when you actually do want to watch it you have shows or in this case articles or blog posts that you know you will enjoy ready for you and of course you'll have my blog too. Yeah I know you are not that crazy about it yet, but you will learn to love it soon.

No comments: