We finally have an answer to the question Austin Powers asked in response to the assassin who threw a shoe at him. Apparently Iraqi journalists throw shoes and it is considered an especially egregious insult in Iraq to show someone the sole of your shoe or in this case throw it at them, not to mention it is painful if it hits you in the face. Luckily the shoe-throwing journo was no match for our heroic President and his catlike reflexes.
It is scary to think how easy it is for someone to attack the President. Thankfully it was a only a pair of shoes and not something more dangerous. Also although it is probably more skill than luck it is impressive that the Decider was able to react in such a timely manner. It almost looked like he was expecting such a thing and I guess maybe that explains why he sometimes has difficulty with his speeches. I think it must be difficult to focus on your speech when you are constantly scanning the audience for would be shoe tossers.
Update: I put this clip on the site in case by some miracle someone had not seen this video yet. When I posted it I had just seen it for the first time. Of course everyone has seen it by now. Also I was watching one of the national news networks and they showed a video someone had made with an animated George W. mouthing the words of Austin Powers which apparently were slightly different than the one's I used from memory. He says "Who Throws I Shoe. Honestly. You fight like a woman." A quick search shows many other people had the same thought. It was pretty obvious although I could have made a cheap pun instead of an obvious movie reference.
Hypocrisy in the U.S.A.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment