I made a reference to the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit yesterday even though I had not seen the movie in about a decade. Then today I turn on the television and it is on. The movie was released in 1988 and Roger Clemens was still on the Red Sox and in the prime of his baseball career. He was destined for the Hall of Fame and to go down as one of the greatest pitchers of all time. He was my favorite baseball player and I was twelve years old at the time. The age of twelve is a confusing time in a young boy's life. I am still a big baseball fan, but I'll never love baseball as much as I did at or before the age of twelve. Also when I was twelve I started noticing girls. I don't really remember Roger Clemen's wife, but I certainly remember Roger Rabbit's wife. Roger and Jessica Rabbit formed what was probably the most mismatched couple in Hollywood until recently when Turtle from Entourage started dating Meadow Soprano on Entourage and in real life.I remember in 1988 when the Red Sox lost to the A's and everyone talked about how Jose Canseco of the A's was on steroids. Now fast forward 20 years later and Canseco was the whistleblower that eventually led to the ruin of the reputations of Clemens and of Canseco's teammate Mark McGuire. There are more stories in the news today discussing Clemen's former trainer Brian McNamee's cooperation with the federal government regarding Clemen's use of performance enhancing drugs. Clemens of course denied using p.e.d.s under oath in front of Congress so he has set himself up for a possible perjury conviction. Unfortunately unlike Roger Rabbit I don't think Brian McNamee or anyone else framed Roger Clemens. I believe he used performance enhancing drugs. Also I believe Jessica Rabbit had some artificial enhancements as well although I was never under the illusion that she was all natural. I mean seriously have you ever seen a woman built like that without having had a little work done. I long ago lost any positive feelings I once had about Roger Clemens, but watching Who Framed Roger Rabbit I still get a funny feeling when Jessica Rabbit comes on the screen. She is a cartoon it just wouldn't be natural besides she is married to Roger Rabbit and he may be a little weird but he seems like a good guy. I am ashamed to admit that despite her being married to Roger Rabbit and being a cartoon I still would like to play pattycake with her after all these years. Roger Rabbit you are one lucky guy.

No comments:
Post a Comment