Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Year of the Snake: What Earth Shattering Revelation Is Next?

I was in the middle of making a few more minor cosmetic changes to the blog, when everything I thought I knew about myself was proven to be false. I recently added a list of the blogs I read and I was in the process of re-arranging the widgets on the left-hand side of the page. I saw my profile and realized that I should probably make a few changes to it. I added my birthday and clicked the box that said add astrological signs. I waited for it to fill in Aquarius and the Year of the Horse, but much to my surprise it came back with Year of the Snake. I had not taken into account the differing calendar the Chinese use when figuring which Zodiac year I was born. Of course I immediately had to re-evaluate everything about my life. If I was not correct in my assumption that I was born in the year of the Horse what other bit of biographical information was I wrong about. Maybe I was not born in 1978. Maybe I am actually Jewish. I do have an affinity for bagels. I haven't quite been able to grasp the enormity of this recent discovery, but needless to say it is life-changing. I'm now afraid to add the movies I like as the magic blogger profile wizard may lead me to discover that I actually liked the movie Step Brothers. It would make sense because I usually like Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, but I really did not like that movie or at least I don't think I did. I guess if Blogger knows what year I was born I should probably just submit to its vast knowledge and assume it knows which movies I like. I mean it is owned by Google so there is a good chance it does know more about me than I do.

No comments: