He went to Jared! Oh my god he went to Jared! At the moment that is my least favorite commercial. It has been on as often as those five dollar foot long Subway commercials. It reminds me that Jared is normally the spokesperson for Subway. It would seem that a woman would not want her husband to spend a huge amount of money on a wedding or engagement ring thus putting them in debt for the first few years of their marriage and causing them to be unable to afford to eat five dollar footlongs for dinner. Honey what's for dinner tonight? Ramen noodles again! I can't believe I went to Jared.
Do you not what really grinds my gears? When people you don't know say to you I can't believe it is so cold outside or I can't believe where getting all this snow. I inevitably ask them why they are sofa king we taded or say yeah imagine cold and snowing in mid-december in the northeast who would have thought that. I thought the weatherman was on drugs when he said it was going to snow this morning. Or I tell them how I thought I was the only one who complained about the snow and the cold and I think I may have found my soul mate. What a crazy world we live imagine more than 1 person in the northeast who isn't happy that it is freezing cold and snowy all winter. Will you marry me? Surprisingly three out of a hundred start crying and say yes. Twenty five out of a hundred say I would if you had went to Jared. Thirty two percent say let's take it slow how about we go for a cup of coffee first. The remaining fifty percent roll their eyes and walk away. I know it is strange I would have expected a few people to have a violent reaction. Also it is surprising that 33 percent suggest going out for coffee. Maybe it is because it is cold out. I don't know. Yeah I know it does sound like something I made up. Trust me though they get upset with the sarcastic remark about being sofa king and the crack about the weatherman although they usually agree that the weatherman doesn't know what he is doing. That is why I usually stick with the marriage one unless it is a guy then I say yeah it is sofa king cold and snowy. I've had bad experiences with that one otherwise and I don't really want to go into it.
I know I said there was no cohesiveness in this piece, but I wanted to comment on another commercial or rather a movie trailer I just saw on tv for the Spirit. It mentions how critics are raving about it. Showing notes from critics I have never heard of saying things like it is one of the best movies of the year. I think the internet makes it easier to find positive reviews and if they put the name of the critic in a small enough font and flash it across the screen fast enough people might believe it. I haven't really seen any positive reviews of that movie. I did find a few quotes for the next ad for the spirit. Alright maybe I made them up either way.
Scarlet Johansson's boobs look realllllllly nice in the trailer.
-Anonymous post on a message board.
Was the movie Yes Man based on Samuel L. Jackson because I don't think he has ever said no to any movie offer.
-Kevin Bacon in an interview on the set of Footloose 2
From the creator of 300 and Sin City. He created the graphic novels those movies were based on. He directed this one. Please make sure no one thinks I directed this movie.
-Robert Rodriguez on the set of Sin City 3 no seriously he is working on the 2nd and 3rd movies already. What's next From Dusk Til Dawn 4? Oh he's only producing that. Ok.
All kidding aside I will probably see the movie. Honestly did you see that trailer the "graphics" look reallllllly nice in the trailer.
Ok that wraps up the first edition of miscellanea. The grind my gears concept was lifted from Family Guy. Robert Rodriguez is really making Sin City 2 & 3. There are so many direct to dvd releases of sequels to From Dusk Til Dawn that trying to pull them up on imdb causes their servers to crash. I actually like ramen noodles, but I don't want to eat them for dinner every night. As far as I know Kevin Bacon is not making Footloose 2 yet. Also when I said "graphics" I actually meant boobs.

5 comments:
Making fun of people who talk about the weather is a direct character assassination of me and, probably, every blog post I've ever written. It is also a pretty good articulation of your late day reticence, which I am going to shake you from in the following way: by dragging you out of the house and then berating you with the fact that it is actually freezing fucking cold out, and probably more of a sofa king night--a line which I will get you to deliver to enough random girls walking down Lark Street that the small percentage (your math, not mine) responds, at which point in time we will return to my apartment- and to the sofa, specifically. This is exactly what's going to happen. Wait and see.
Oh, and watching a movie because it stars Scarlett Johansen's breasts is probably not the worst reason in the world to watch a movie. Ask anyone who ever saw "Lost in Translation", which features a particularly choice opening shot, and only falls apart afterward. Some things are like that.
I am not going to respond to the first comment as I'm sure you knew my disdain for casual weather conversations with strangers was a lark other than to say I like the idea of actually doing a real world survey on lark street. It's a plan.
I think it is great marketing to put a shot of Scarlet Jo's breasts in the promo. There is probably a video of it on youtube. I saw a clip of an interview with Scarlet and Natalie Portman for some movie they were doing. Scarlet instead of looking at the person doing the interview is instead looking at Natalie with amorous eyes. Not that I could blame her. Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYz1mMg-NDA
I do admit that Lost in Translation was overrated, but I am a huge Bill Murray fan and I am glad that movies like L.I.T and Rushmore have helped people to appreciate him more as an actor.
I also hate to burst your bubble but the remake of Footloose is in production. That kid Zack something from High School Musical is the lead. Not sure if Mr. Bacon is in although I would imagine a cameo is inevitable. I for one can not wait to hear the soundtrack to compare it side by side to the 80's classic that is the original...
Yes I became aware of that after I wrote the post. I put it in there as a joke. I came up with one of the most ridiculous remakes I could think of and Hollywood is doing it already.
"You gotta Do What You Want to Do..."
LOL South Park song from there High School Musical Episode. I've never seen that movie, but after watching that South Park episode I feel as if I have already.
Post a Comment